Tuesday, February 2, 2010

NCIS/HP crossover snippet


So I had this idea a while ago, and just started writing it out. It's been pretty fun writing, and seemed to go smoothly (as opposed to some of my more extensive HP-only plots). I'm planning on writing a few more chapters and then begining to post them over at my DW.

These are snippets from two of the chapters I have. I don't have any pairings picked out yet, and am open to suggestions. Most of the plot is still Under Construction as well... so I don't have anything concrete to explain to you that you can't pick up from reading these. XD (And before you say anything, yes, I did intentionally choose the most cliche name I could think of for Harry. )
------------------

“You have got to be kidding me!”
Gibbs turned his attention from the entryway over to where a dark-haired teen was complaining. His eyes narrowed at the numerous bags the teen was carrying. Motioning for Tony to follow him, he walked over to where a cop was about to inform the teen he would have to leave.
“Aww man, are you saying I lugged all my stuff up here for nothing?” The teen continued to himself, running his hands through his already messy dark brown hair. He let out an explosive sigh and picked up his bags from where he had let them drop. “This sucks. Majorly.”
He started to turn around when Gibbs called out to him. “Hey! Mind explaining what that was about?”
Inquisitive blue-green eyes swiveled to stare at him. “What?” He shrugged one of his bags higher onto his shoulder. “It’s a crime scene. I came, I saw, I’m leaving. This is generally called ‘not interfering with police work’. Most cops tend to like that.”
Tony snickered from behind him and Gibbs resisted the urge to smack him while the teen was still there. “I mean, do you want to explain what that shouting was about before.”
The teen raised an eyebrow at him but let his bags drop to the ground so he could turn unhindered to face Gibbs. Crossing his arms across his chest, he introduced himself, “Evan Jamieson. Cleaner.” Blue-green eyes sharpened suddenly. “Mr. Morrison was a client of mine. I was contracted to come by every two days and clean the house, top to bottom. If you want, I have all the paperwork assuring my identity and the validity of my claim in my office.”
Tony let out a whistle and stepped forward to stand beside Gibbs. “Lot of information there buddy. Ever been under investigation before?” The senior office shoved his hands into his pockets and adopted a relaxed posture as he questioned the teen next.
Evan snorted. “Yea. Under and done investigation before.” The teen then motioned to his bags. “Do you need me for anything else? I still have more jobs I can get started on since this one has obviously panned out.”
Tony let a grin stretch across his face. “‘Obviously panned out’?”
Evan sighed again before giving a long look to the two men in front of him. “Yes,” he said finally, drawing out the ‘s’ in a slight hiss. “This is a closed crime scene. That can mean one of only a few things. My client is dead,” Evan held up a finger, “in which case I don’t get paid. My client is under arrest for something,” another finger was held up, “in which case I still don’t get paid. Lastly, my client’s house has been used for a crime,” a third finger was raised, “in which case, why the hell would Mr. Morrison want me back in that house for several months?”
The hand and fingers were lowered and Evan bent down to sling his bags back over his shoulders. “So, all options lead to a default on payment to me. Also, I can’t really clean a crime scene, evidence tampering and all that jazz.”
Tony slapped him on the back suddenly, prompting a jerk and crouching position out of the teen. “Ha! You’re right. Pretty smart kid.”
Evan shrugged out from under Tony’s hand. “Kid? I’m twenty-two.”
“Really?” Tony asked incredulously. “You look more like-“
“Eighteen, right?” Evan interrupted. “I know. You’re not the first person to tell me so.” He glanced back over his shoulder at the hill he had just climbed up. “Look, I’m not trying to be rude, but today was going to be a stretch for me anyway, so do you mind if I leave so I can get a head start on some of my other appointments?”



“Hermione Granger, head lawyer at Spellbound.” The intimidating woman raised an eyebrow at Tony. “I’m here for Evan Jamieson, and I would advise you to move aside before things get complicated.”
Tony raised his own eyebrow. “Really Ms. Granger? How so?”
The woman stepped forward into Tony’s personal space. “Complicated like I throw a right hook through your chin before stabbing you in the groin with my four inch heels complicated.”
Tony couldn’t help his internal wince as he attempted to hold his ground against the woman in front of him. “Well now, that would be assault of a military officer, and that could get you sued.” He smiled at his own joke.
Hermione growled lightly. “And you not letting me through could be construed as terrorism by some governments, so why not let me through before the charge of self-defense gains some merit.”
“’Mione, you can stop now.” A voice piped up from behind Tony.
The woman in front of him instantly transformed before his eyes, becoming a caring mother or older sister. “Harry! I’m so glad you’re safe!” The woman shoved by him and threw herself at Evan recklessly.
The young man easily caught her and swung her around lightly. “I’m fine. Kingsley’s letter just came through explaining my diplomatic immunity.”
The woman disentangled herself and stood with arms akimbo. “Evan Harry Jamieson. Do you know how worried I was when I got a call that you had been pulled in for questioning? Do you!”
By now, everyone in the hallway was staring at the spectacle before them.
Evan cringed under the woman’s stern gaze. “’Mione, you know you look like McGonagall when you do that, right?”
“Harry! This is no time for jokes! You could have been killed!” Hermione’s face was flushed and one of her hands had left its position on her waist to wave threateningly in front of the young man before her.
Instantly, he straightened and grabbed her hand gently. “Hermione. It was questioning. One of my clients has apparently been kidnapped. They just wanted to know if I knew anything. I’m perfectly fine.”
The stern persona evaporated under the gentle caresses being given to her hand and Hermione slumped forward, shoulders rolling into a hunched position. “It’s just, you always seem to get into these things Harry, and I don’t want you getting hurt. I can’t lose you again.” Her voice was strained, the words blending together slightly as her hand rotated to clutch at Evan’s. “I don’t want you to die again.”
The words were whispered, but Evan’s head immediately shot up and pulled her into an embrace, eyes raking eagle-like across the witnesses to this spectacle. Spotting a door to his immediate left, he pulled himself and Hermione into the men’s restroom quickly.
The click of the lock was loud in the quiet hallway, and the only other sound for several seconds was muffled voices and sobs.
“Tony, did you catch what she said at the end there?”
Tony jumped, hand on his heart as his boss came up behind him. “Boss! You nearly gave me a heart attack.” All he got in response was a hard stare. “Right. Um, just before Jamieson grabbed her, Ms. Granger said that she didn’t want him to die again. I only barely caught it, it was really low.”
“Ziva!” Gibbs barked, taking a long draw on his coffee. The Mussad officer came up beside him immediately. “What do you think of all this?”
The woman stared at the bathroom door for a few moments, organizing her thoughts. “He was jumpy when he heard that last statement. Almost like he expected to be attacked at that point.” Her voice was calm, her eyes never leaving the door until this point. She turned her gaze to Gibbs slowly. “Do you not find it odd that a young man with diplomatic immunity would have employment as a house cleaner? Much less, be so familiar with our lines of questioning?”
Gibbs took another drink of his coffee and Ziva continued. “You stated that he said he had both done and been under investigation before. When you combine this with what was just overheard a few moments ago…” she trailed off uncertainly.
“A vigilante.” Gibbs finished for her.
Ziva nodded. “Precisely. Most likely the son of some diplomat who thinks he knows what is best for his community back home. His father may have sent him off for a ‘cool-down’ time after an affair back home. This is all just speculation though.”
Gibbs nodded and turned to McGee, who had been lurking slightly behind a water fountain ever since the lawyer had shown up. “McGee!” He barked, “Find out everything you can on Evan Harry Jamieson, Hermione Granger, and a law firm called Spellbound.”
“On it boss!” McGee said as he jogged down the hall back to his computer.

------------------

What do you think so far? Am I completely off my bonkers with OOC-ness or plot insanity? Any and all comments appreciated. You never know, you might inspire a new chapter!

No comments:

Post a Comment