Friday, December 11, 2009

Fic preview

Yay! I just got one of those fancy 'Retro Pack 2' card packs for YGO. (For those unaware, the retro packs are the rereleasing of some of the old YGO cards with new art. They are freaking awesome.) I managed to get my hands on a Brain Control and Magician of Dark Chaos.
Now I just have to restructure my decks so all the new cards I want to add in flow with everything else I have. I still want a Water Magician card, but I'll probably just have to buy that one on Amazon or something.

This is a small piece of a planned fic for a Naruto/YGO crossover. I have about five chapters written so far, but plan on writing at least another five before posting it. I may also just rearrange the plot so it turns into a normal Naruto story. Not sure; it all depends on how cooperative Isis is.

----------------------------------------------
“Am I dead?” Naruto asked uncertainly as he stared around himself at a field of whiteness. He gently reached out to try and touch something when a voice started him into falling backwards.
“No you baka.” it said. He looked around, confused by the fact that the voice seemed to come from the direction of his stomach. “If you were dead, I’d be free from here. Do you know how bad this place can smell?”
“Who are you?” Naruto asked a little fearfully.
“I am the Great Kyuubi no Kitsune!” it announced with pride, using a bit of its chakra to form a small manifestation.
“You mean… you’re the one who attacked the village!” Naruto scuttled backwards comically, trying to escape the voice.
“Yes pitiful child, I attacked that incompetent hole you call a village.”
Naruto looked around perplexed. “But I thought the 4th Hokage killed you?” The small boy was now completely confused.
“Ha! As if a human could ever kill me! The most powerful youko alive!”
Naruto sniffed pathetically. “Why did you attack Konoha?” he asked softly.
Kyuubi scoffed. “The foolish mortals abused the contracts of the summons.” When Kyuubi saw he had the boy’s attention he continued, slightly surprised that the dead last in school would be interested in this.
“Long ago, I was in charge of making sure that the human did not abuse the power of the summoned animals.”
“What are summoned animals?” Naruto asked.
“They are creatures called from another dimension to fight alongside the summoner. There are many different types of summon animals which include dogs, toads, slugs, monkeys, and,” Kyuubi literally hissed out the next word, “snakes.”
“What’s wrong with snakes?” the blonde asked timidly. Somewhat worried he had upset one of the only people who had been nice to him. ‘Well, maybe not exactly a person.’ he amended.
“Originally, they were one of the greatest summon animals. However, a few years ago, I received word that a mortal man had been corrupting their line. I went to investigate these claims, but when I showed up at your village” he spat the last word out “they attacked me. Some of them even summoned the animals I had sworn to protect and forced them to fight, even when they tried to refuse. This enraged me further and I attacked the humans.”
Kyuubi let out a sigh. “Eventually one of them summoned Gamabunta, the toad boss. He then used an advanced jutsu to seal me inside of you.”
“Me?” Naruto squeaked.
“Yes.” Kyuubi said chuckling. “He needed a new born child to seal me into, because I am so powerful, I would kill anyone else. Do you understand now why the others stare with eyes filled with hate and revenge?” He laughed at that.
“Then, it wasn’t me they were yelling at?” he asked as his face scrunched up in concentration. “But that’s not fair!”
“Of course, that’s -” Kyuubi started.
“You were trying to help!”
“Huh?”
“Then they call you all those mean names!” The great youko was now totally confused. ‘He’s sticking up for me? After what they have done to him?’
“I’m so sorry! You must have been so lonely!” Naruto suddenly lunged forward and grabbed ahold of the fox apparition in front of him. He squeezed him tightly in a hug. “All those people yelling at you. That’s just so mean.” The short blonde sniffed and started to cry into the fox’s fur.
Kyuubi awkward licked a few of the tears away. “Why are you crying?” he asked quietly.
“Because you won’t. You act all big and mean, but you’re really sad that everyone is mad at you for trying to do your job.” He rubbed his face into Kyuubi’s fur and let his tears soak into the dark red coat.
After a few minutes, his crying stopped. “I don’t see why they thought you were evil. I’ve seen some pictures of Boss Summons and they’re just as big as you.” he sniffed again as his tears started to dry.
“Hey!” Kyuubi shouted, not sure whether he should be pleased or insulted. He opted for pleased because it made him feel better.
All of a sudden, Naruto grimaced and a slid across the floor a few feet. “Itai!”
“What happened?” Kyuubi asked, worried about what had happened to his host.
“I think someone just hit me. Dang, I was just getting used to being dead too.”
“You weren’t dead baka!”
---------------------------------------

And there you have it. A snippet from the middle of the first chapter!
Any comments? Love/Hate/Indifferent?

No comments:

Post a Comment