Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Fic Preview - Acid

Acid
A Harry Potter multi-chapter fanfic

“Hello codger.” Her rich voice filled the hall and quieted the murmurs that had started in her wake. “Did you miss me?”
Dumbledore looked carefully into her eyes, recognition dancing on the edge of his tongue. “I am sorry, but your name seems to have escaped my mind.”
“Tsk. Tsk.” She waved her hand and waved an admonishing finger in his direction. “Is old age really that hard on you? After all you owe me, you up and forget me the moment I come into your hall of my own volition? I’m disappointed my boy.” A smirk adorned her face and amusement danced in her eyes. Dumbledore almost gasped as he recognized the face.
“Laevus.”
“Ah!” She clapped her hands happily. “So you do remember me? It’s nice to know you’re still as sharp as a rusty nail. That shall make this whole mess much easier on you.”
Dumbledore gazed silently at the woman in front of him. He blinked as she suddenly winked at him and moved her hand to wave absently around herself. Her dress melted from her skin and a black leather tank top and loose dark green pants took their place. When the shirt finished forming, red lines like those of spilled ink trailed from the shoulder down in a pattern that resolved itself as torn wings. As a last accent, trails of chains looped from the pants.

Laevus stretched his shoulders and sighed when he heard a pop. “Much better.” He looked himself over and with a few more flicks of his wrists added some leather and rope bands around his wrists. Raising his eyes to regard the people in front of him, he was pleased when he saw the look left in Dumbledore’s eyes. “Correct old man. You guessed my name, but apparently you forgot my power.”
“What do you want?” Dumbledore asked as he took in Laevus’s new appearance.
Nothing much old man.” He flicked a stay piece of hair away from his face. “I have a student I would like trained here.”
Dumbledore leveled a stare at the man in front of him. “Why here? You have continually tried to destroy this school. Why allow any disciples of your own to be taught here?”
Laevus smirked now, “My magic is normally considered ‘impure.’" The word was spat out of twisted lips. “I do not wish for him to be under such a label. Moreover, you owe me old man. I can destroy this school again if I need to.” The last sentence was hissed out and Dumbledore vaguely heard the students beginning to question whom Laevus was. The teachers were too polite to, yet. They would as soon as they could corner him.
The elderly Headmaster sighed. “I will take on your student then, and teach him.” ‘Maybe I can keep him from Laevus’s influence here.’
“Good.” Laevus nodded as a small smile graced him pale lips. “I will need a position here as well then.”
The rest of the teachers jumped slightly as the language switched back to English. Dumbledore frowned slightly. “We do not currently have any teaching positions open.”
It was Laevus’s turn to frown. “I would not have imagined that to be a problem for you, Headmaster.” The stress on the last word was mocking in its politeness

---------------------------------
And here is a snippet of the first chapter of Acid. It doesn't look like much right now, but it gets better once everything falls into place.
Dumbledore gets back at Laevus next time, he hires him as Filch's assistant. XD Needless to say, Laevus - spirit of destruction that he is - is not amused. As for the mysterious student, well, he thinks it hilarious.
Laevus doesn't take this laying down though, he starts a war on Dumbledore, using Hogwarts as his base. (Because yes, you read right, Laevus has destroyed Hogwarts before. He did it during Dumbledore's time. So now you can wonder why no one remembers this, because after all, don't the history books sat Hogwarts has been around since the Founder's time and has never fallen? XD) Laevus also becomes friends with Peeves and Filch, using both to ensure his student's safety.
Oh, and there's a Japanese demon after Laevus. Kane, the demon, only just got released from prison. So, the cannibal mass-murderer is on his way to Scotland now. ^^ (he's introduced in the prologue, which I don't think I posted here)

So, any questions or comments? Like, hate, indifferent?

No comments:

Post a Comment