Friday, December 11, 2009

Crossovers from the galaxy beyond...

NaNo finally ended (thank god!). I finished with 53/50K (aka, I won!) I'm currently in the process of a lot of editing, some plot-filling, and doing more illustrations. ^^

Since then, I've managed to once again lose myself in the realm of fanfiction! (ah, the water's so sweet and warm xp) Being my curious self, I went browsing and managed to stumble across the strange and yet delightful realm of YGO/SG-1 crossovers. Aaaand OMG are Bakura and Daniel not the hottest thing since toast. (hehe... H.I.N.T. ...hehe) There should seriously be more action between these two. Sadly, I have only watched, maybe, a fifth of the SG-1 series, so I am like totally lost as I sit here and fangirl over this stuff.
After YGO, I went through and found NCIS, HP, House M.D. (which Failed), and other crossovers with SG-1. At the conclusion of much searching, I have decided that the SG-1 crossover universe is severly lacking. SERIOUSLY lacking. It should be crime how few good fics there are out there.
And for another thing, why is that there are only like 3 types of HP/SG-1 crossovers? Either Harry becomes a super-powerful memeber of SG-1 (resulting in an epic-length fic), Harry is Daniel (which is actually realy cool), or Harry and Jack end up together and mpreg ensues. (I'm refusing to read the Harry/Sam fics on principle as a slash fan-atic) Can't anyone come up with a decent new idea?

Another crossover set that is lacking in good stories is DN/YGO. They're all crap. At least any that I can find are. It's so sad since everything is almost set up for a great crossover.

Like Weiss Kreuz and Harry Potter! Omg, I so wanna read a good one of those. Does no one else see the similarites between Nagi and Harry? Messy black hair, green eyes, telekinetic/magical powers. Has no one else seriously noticed this?! It's almost written-out in plain sight for you people!

I'm also debating starting a new crossover just because the one series pisses me off. YGO/YGO5Ds. 5Ds almost demolishes the basics of the Shadow Realm and the origins of the cards, aka the basis of the whole YGO series! (not to mention they stuck a Jou clone in there in one episode... -_-;;) And Jack Atlas! How dare he rip off the Kaiba coat! It's unforgivable!
Basically, (in my fic idea which I am seriously contemplating writing) Yusei (whom I believe can be saved) gets transported to Domino, Japan. There he meets Yugi-tachi and discovers that everything he thought he knew about the cards and the Shadow Realm was all a lie. It's a big wake-up call for the satellite duelist as he struggles to come to terms with his new knowlege, learning the 'old school' way of dueling, and dealing with a new threat against the Earth that he somehow gets wrapped up in, courtesy of knowing Yugi.
I'm not sure of the pairings or much anything else yet, but the idea is firmly in my mind.

Help requested! I'm looking for a specific YGO/HP fic I found awhiiiile ago. I don't remember the name of it, sadly, but I know it was archived on fanfiction.net.
Yugi left Japan and was taking care of the three yamis, who had been reborn as children. (and are ever so adorable!)
Yugi buys a house somewhere in England and states that it would get confusing talking in three different languages all the time, so he decides that each day they would use a different language. English, Ancient Egyptian, and Japanese if I'm remembering correctly.
If you know which story I'm talking about, PLEASE let me know! I've been trying to find it for the past three days!

No comments:

Post a Comment